It’s been a weird year for in-store events. However, Carta Magica Ottawa is proud to announce that we are officially announcing the partial return of in-store events! We are slowly easing into our event schedule as things slowly return to a safe and normal environment. Our current wave of events is being launched as private events after store hours. This is so that we can easily control the flow of traffic and respect all of the public health guidelines.
The store will have a maximum attendance of 16 players at a given time. Event registration tickets will be posted on our online store for all paid events. For casual events with no entry fee, these seats will be a first come first served setup.
Here is a current list of events that we will be hosting effective August 6th.
Monday: Master Duel Mondays - Via Remote Duel Server - Dragon Ball Super 6:30 PM EST – 9:00 PM EST
Wednesday: Pokemon (In-Store) 6:30 PM EST - 9:00 PM EST
Thursday: Yu-Gi-Oh (In-Store) 6:30 PM EST – 9:30 PM EST & Yu-Gi-Oh Remote Duel (Online Event) 6:30 PM EST – 10:00 PM EST
Friday: Friday Night Commander 6:00 PM EST - 8:00 PM EST (This will become Draft night’s once it is safe to do so)
Saturday: Yu-Gi-Oh Remote Duel (Online Event) 1:00 PM EST – 4:30 PM EST, My Hero Academia 6:00 PM EST - 9:00 PM EST
Sunday: Pokemon Weekly League - 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST, Digimon Card Game 6:30 PM EST – 9:00 PM EST
There are a few rules that the community must follow to ensure the utmost safety precautions are upheld:
1) Masks are REQUIRED when picking up your order via curbside pickup and/or any in-store shopping.
2) You will not be allowed to touch other players cards. Alternatives like asking your opponent to cut their decks must be done instead
3) Absolutely no food or drinks will be allowed in the store. If you have food or beverages, you will be asked to go outside and finish your meal.
4) IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK, PLEASE STAY HOME. Everyone will support you from afar and wish for a speedy recovery.
5) Be a good customer. We promise to be good hosts and do everything possible to ensure everyone’s safety and are following guidelines set by the public heath authorities.
We would like to thank the community for their continued support during these uncertain times! We hope that this will bring the community one step closer to that sense of normality.